Boards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bolshoi DVD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    World of The Bolshoi Forum Index -> Talk About The Bolshoi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lozza

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Bolshoi DVD Reply with quote

Those videos Greg - *thank you* very much.

At some point... I'm going to put those files onto a DVD and there's no point keeping booty like that to meself.

Menus - sound loops - and some rarity audio would top it off.

Pics etc... I like shit like that Smile

I only bought a DVD burner last month so I'm a novice. But there's a case for those 4 promos being presented nicely (had only seen A Way once and a snippet of TV Man on an old UK prog called the chart show) - and where did you get the Argentina vid from ? The files have all downloaded great for me - there are glitches and sound warps sure but a fab performance from all of the band. Jan was an early inspiration to me as a 'dumb' drumma... I still dont think anyone hits like he does....

In a nutshell - very happy to find this place after such a long time.... has anyone gotten Pauls instrumentals to work as I refuse to install QuickTime, I use quicktime alternative which does not play them...... and - what is the best bet for buying Trevors 3 do you think ? Are they available individually (i like the idea of them being seperate) or are they a 3-cd package only ?

Thanks. Lozza.
Greg

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

You're welcome Lozza - I have tried to burn a DVD with the live show plus the music videos. Had a basic menue and some bg music -- I'm no expert on this stuff either, and when I did the full DVD, the sound would invariably get screwy -- basically it would come out of alignment -- somewhere along the line.

I was able to do a full CD of just the live show that came out okay, but I agree it would be cool to have some nice packaging, etc. so much to do, so little time!

I got the video from a fan of my old Bolshoi website -- Rodrigo Pinilla. It was in PAL and I took my time transferring it, but since I have had more time and web server space, I put it all online. The quality is not that great, as you note, but it sure beats having nothing!

I have listended to the instrumentals, but through Quicktime. If you email him, he may get them to you in a different format -- he obviously likes conversing with fans.

You can buy Trevor's CDs individually, if you'd like -- wither through places like Amazon or the EPR website. But if you get the package, it is basically the three individual cds in a cardboard sleeve -- so there is no difference if you end up buying all three individually.

See my other post about Trevor's new album!

Greg
matt

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Bolshoi DVD Reply with quote

I have been hunting for some live Bolshoi material. I saw them at the Reading Festival in eighty-something and always thought that they were an excellent live band. You have mentioned the live Argentina material, would it be possible to get a copy of that on CD? I can exchange for blanks if that would be possible. Is there any more live material floating about? I haven't managed to find any if there is.
Lozza

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Greg, cheers for the reply

Well, here's an imaginary joblist so far...

1) Menus
2) Background loops
3) Get the live sound in sync - I'll test your wmv files on me dvd over the week and see how they get on
4) Find master for Argentina - are you still in touch with Rodrigo ? Respect to him ! I've transferred ntsc-pal before and there is a fair loss. PAL onto the computer would be best if that's the source - the DVD tools seem to then be able to handle a conversion to NTSC for stateside/jap viewers
5) Overdub CD source audio onto the 4 promos... not sure all the single versions are on CD ?
6) Pics, lyrics, info - your entire site plaguerised perhaps !

I'll try a message to Paul... I guess I really should download quicktime but I'm not keen on Mac snobbery... pretty much owned by M$ anyway and the installation leaves traces plus a poxy update thing you cant turn off, plus a poxy tray icon you cant remove...

As for Trevor - ta for the info about the CDs ! I've ordered the triple box seeing as it's cheaper, has the same packaging and has the bonus of some cardboard to house it in ! Hooray ! Looking forward to hearing them (such a lot of songs after such a long time !)

Cheers, Lozza.
Greg

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

I have been able to get the sound synced on the DVD for just the live show. The problem comes in when adding the promo tracks. I haven't tried to dub it over with CD material, but I certainly can.

Finding a master for the tape would be great. Paul Clark actually also has a copy, but I dont know if his is better than what I have. I haven't heard from Rodrigo in awhile, but I do have his email and should be able to give it a shot.

To Matt: I am planning to upload the live material that I have -- I was hoping it would be last week but slowly it is happening! I will have updates in News and here when it's up.

Greg
overmatik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In relation to the Paul Clark's songs, I have played them in Real Player and that's fine!!! Very Happy
Lozza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers over, got em sorted now - they are excellent,great to hear so many songs like that, cant believe how much stuff has turned up or linked from this site
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    World of The Bolshoi Forum Index -> Talk About The Bolshoi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: