Boards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Hours of Trevor Tanner...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    World of The Bolshoi Forum Index -> Talk About The Bolshoi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mask Of Sanity

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: 3 Hours of Trevor Tanner... Reply with quote

Well, my copies of "Bullish, Bellyache & Belch" finally arrived, played them all in order tonight...

Well, I can't quite be bothered to post a constructive review, but let's just say I am totally blown away... fucking marvellous, every second of all 45 songs, totally loved it all. Can't wait to listen again. Wish there were more CDs in the set, spent 3 hours listening to them and still can't get enough. If anyone hasn't heard these CDs yet, buy them now, they're totally amazing.
He held a meeting but nobody came"
-THE BOLSHOI
Greg

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Cool... Reply with quote

Glad to hear you like them. I have several faves on all the discs, including the remake of "Space Oddity" on disc 2 and "Hills of the West" on the third disc, which is also done by Rathkeltair.

I don't know exactly what was done when, but I do get the sense that most of the first CD was done awhile back (as indicated, some of those songs were online, at least in part, years ago) and the CDs show a progression as he continued to mature and develop musically.

Very nice to have new material on the horizon as well!

Greg
Lozza

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant write something constructive either right now (too much to hear) but mine turned up yesterday and i've had a fine time this saturday sticking the buggers on twice each - agree with blown away, our trevor knows a thing or 3 about the arrangement, delivery and production of every damn instrument - and i also agree with fucking marvellous - just fucking marvellous
overmatik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these masterpieces too!! Belch is the best one, have been a long time since I hear a full album with so many great songs like these!!! My favorite song off all is "Chinese Whispers" Very Happy
krieger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The albums are just fantastic. I wonder what happened with "The new Bolshoi" - the songs are so good it's hard to believe the usual records companies didn't want to buy them.
Anyway, Belch is the best, even better than any Bolshoi album! My favorite tune, 'tough, is Pocket Rocket from Bellyache. Very Happy
And... they are so cheap! Will buy more of them just to give as gifts.
Lozza

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belch has Sinking which reminds me of She Don't Know - not a bad thing ! Then into Fine which reminds me of A Way ! Great album, reckon they should use Fine as some radio single thingie. My fave on this one at the mo is Mr.Ease and Miss Trust - cracking tune.. but then there's Yer Dreams which is *well* Bolshoi... tough to decide !
overmatik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi people! could anyone put some lyrics from those albuns, 'cause I'm still a low english speaker, so I can understand only few things and would be nice to know what Trevor is saying... bye!! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    World of The Bolshoi Forum Index -> Talk About The Bolshoi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: