Boards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updates, video...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    World of The Bolshoi Forum Index -> Talk About The Bolshoi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mask Of Sanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Updates, video... Reply with quote

Great to see the updates, was actually planning to post here today anyway to ask if there was anything new coming... good to see more lyrics, but where's Waspy? Wink

Anyway, loved the live show on the videos section... I actually bought a bottle of red wine for the purpose of sitting down, watching the video and getting plastered... got totally lost in it all, felt like I was actually at the show, some of the live versions are actually superior to their studio counterparts, particularly Sunday Morning, which almost had me shedding tears... never got the chance to see the band live, was only a kid back in the 80s, but this is a fine compensation. Looking forward to Trevor's new release. Very Happy
He held a meeting but nobody came"
-THE BOLSHOI
Greg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Waspy Reply with quote

Ahhhh... Yes, that was on there, wasn't it Wink

It's up.

Coming very soon, some audio, too. Get a sneak peek here...

Greg
overmatik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Great!!!! Reply with quote

Wow!!! this audio section is amazing! The show of 10/87 is in very good audio quality!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mask Of Sanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only spoiled myself on one track from the new audio samples so far (I'm Depressed (We All Die)) but I am really looking forward to the point they're added to the main site pages...
-THE BOLSHOI
Lozza

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that 10/87 show is something else !

i'm lost for words regarding how pleased i am to finally hear a live bootleg and how delighted i am to hear how bloody good they are on it !

i wasnt wrong then ! pleased i kept a little candle burning. thanks for sharing.
Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Proper Credit Reply with quote

Glad you are enjoying the live audio -- proper credit goes to Warren Swain (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/warren.swaine/music.htm) for having these gems. Very nice fellow. When the page is done it will list the credit, etc. He also has a few other gems in terms of boots available.

I have gotten offers for a couple of other boots, though nothing has come of them yet -- I know they're out there!

Greg
Greg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Audio now up... Reply with quote

Go ahead and check it out at http://www.thebolshoi.co.uk/audio_downloads/!

Greg
overmatik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Greg, the audio section is now perfect!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Mask Of Sanity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played through all the audio files (except the corrupted Reading file) and loved it... totally blown away by the second Portsmouth Polytechnic show. The sound quality is amazing for a bootleg and the live performances of the songs are mindblowing.

I also really liked the Moskow and Kite material. It was a pleasant surprise that I liked Moskow so much as given that it was a one-off obscure single I wasn't really expecting that much, but I really love both the songs... the Kite stuff is great as well; it just seems perplexing how little recognition Trevor is given by the general music press given the amount of amazing stuff he's written. Can't wait for the next update! Very Happy
-THE BOLSHOI
Greg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the live stuff is awesome. I personally love the Happy Boy/Giants medley.

I am actually going to see Rathkeltair live this week in Ohio (on Friday). Hopefully I will get some pictures and say hello to Trevor...

There is also one more Moskow song to upload (or should I say, record and upload). Funny little existence...

Greg
ozice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Updates, video, audio...and early days Reply with quote

Great site Greg, and a great audio section (I may have a couple of things to add at some point, when I have finished moving house, and actually bought myself a computer, and tape deck to play the tapes).

I was from the same neck of the woods as the Bolshoi (Jan and Trevor were from Trowbridge in the West country) and saw them a lot before Clarkey joined (I think 3rd on the bill at the 100 club in London supporting the Addicts in 84 was my first hearing). They hooked up with Nick in South London. In those days Jan earnt his living as a Motorcycle courier, and Trevor was doing Furniture removals...

To update the Moskow release details: Trevor is actually Trevor Flynn on that release, not Dave Ashmore, as he had a falling out with his Dad and used his mothers maiden name (thats one for a Bolshoi Trival pursuit quiz)

In the what might have been category....Mike Edwards from Jesus Jones was 2 years younger than Trevor and Jan at school, and he idolised both Trevor and Moskow, and wanted to join their band. When the Bolshoi were going through their rather traumatic falling out with record companies, etc, he was riding the top of the UK and US charts with 'Right Now, Right here', and he begged Trevor and band to support him on a WW tour...unfortunately it was too late as the band had split.

Ah well, the songs are still timeless, even if the band did not reach the heights they deserved.

Simon
Lozza

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame they'd split !

Edit - Re: Audio - top update. Great to hear some other stuff for the first time. I have 'Boss' on tape if you need it.
Lee Butchee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Happy Boy? Reply with quote

Hi Greg.
Do you have any idea where a copy of the Happy Boy video can be obtained? That video was where my lifelong love started.
Thanks,
Lee
I don't need to act my age 'Cause god is on my side
Greg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: A few replies... Reply with quote

First off, the "Happy Boy" video -- that is proving to be very hard to get, as even Trevor and Paul don't have it (though it was before Paul's time, of course). I have no doubt a copy is sitting in some vault of old videos and some day, some one will find it and play it and let's just hope a TiVo or other device is recording at that time...

Lozza - Thanks for the offer. I am hoping to get most of the other b-sides up when I have some more free time from this job I've been on. So keep your eyes open for those!

Simon - always cool to get some nuggets from the good 'ole days. Thanks for the Moskow and JJ tidbits. I am always open for new audio, etc. to be posted. I have a FTP drop-off and will turn things around quickly.

One great thing about this site is it may turn into a great repository for everything people had, but couldn't share.

When I saw Trevor a couple of weeks ago, he even offered to send through some material I could post. He's busy, of course, so I won't expect anything right away, but that would be awesome.

here are a couple of interesting tidbits about Kite from my discussion with Trevor:
- He was restricted because of the BB contract from actually releasing new material for a couple of years, so that slowed any of the band from doing anything.
- Kite went ahead and recorded an entire album with a bit of a super-group of different people from key bands of the time. I think he said they did 16 songs and they were completely mixed and finished. RCA decided not to release the album and it sits in some RCA vault to this day -- Trevor has wanted to release it or get ownership of it, to no avail.
- The Kite album was produced by the late Adrian Borland (The Sound).

So there's some info!

I will be back home later this week and hopefully will get some updates done (though no new audio yet, though there are some promises of some coming soon!).

Greg
Lozza

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: A few replies... Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Kite went ahead and recorded an entire album with a bit of a super-group of different people from key bands of the time. I think he said they did 16 songs and they were completely mixed and finished. RCA decided not to release the album and it sits in some RCA vault to this day -- Trevor has wanted to release it or get ownership of it, to no avail.
- The Kite album was produced by the late Adrian Borland (The Sound).

key bands ? who were the people do you know !? i'd be well interested to know if other people i liked did stuff with trevor

does anyone have a copy at all of the recordings ? maybe they could be put out via this place.....create a demand... then RCA can wake up... maybe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    World of The Bolshoi Forum Index -> Talk About The Bolshoi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: