Boards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Album?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    World of The Bolshoi Forum Index -> Talk About The Bolshoi
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite Bolshoi album?
Bigger Giants
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Friends
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Lindy's Party
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
A Way - The Best of...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Favorite Album? Reply with quote

I am going to go ahead and post a poll here and hopefully get some discussion generated about the best Bolshoi album. For purposes of being fair, I am including the Best of, since some people will undoubtedly like that the most. And instead of just Giants, I am putting in Bigger Giants, so it takes care of two birds with one stone!

Vote away!

Greg
Mask Of Sanity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you followed my feedback and set up these forums. Smile

My vote went to Friends, though it's a tough choice as it depends largely on my mood. I tend to prefer Friends and Lindy's Party to Bigger Giants, as I love the latter but it sounds to me more like the band starting out and discovering themselves, whereas it seems to me that The Bolshoi's soul shone through more on the two full studio albums with the addition of Paul Clark.

Love all the albums anyway. Smile
He held a meeting but nobody came"
-THE BOLSHOI
Greg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tough question, for sure - especially since there are only two real albums as it is.

I do agree that "Giants" has the sound of the band finding itself -- I guess for me it's the fact that it's what I heard first. I still think songs like "Giants," "Hail mary" and "Happy Boy" are among the band's best. But if I had to pick my favorite song it actually might be "Lindy's Party" ("A Way" is up there, too) -- but that's another poll!

Greg
overmatik

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: "Bullish, Bellyache & Belch" Reply with quote

For me, the greatest The Bolshoi album is "Bullish, Bellyache & Belch". I'm falling in love for this album, man! It's just one of the greatest albuns of all time, all songs are sublime!!!! Surprised
By the way, I'm very happy with this new channel for discuss The bolshoi!!! and sorry for my english, I'll try to do the best I can!!!!!
Greg

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Trevor solo... Reply with quote

Trevor's solo stuff can be very "Bolshoi-ish" so I can understand that -- but for purposes of the poll I wanted to stick to the original stuff.

I certainly have more I'd like to put up about Trev, so maybe I will get to that before too long!

So much to do, so little time!

Greg
Lozza

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm splitting the vote and going for Lindys !

Friends was the first I bought... then picked up Giants and was disappointed. Yes. Yet Bigger Giants is superb - Side 2 for me far outweighs the original 'Giants' release.. and at the time I hadnt heard those early singles and bsides.

Lindys however - there is a real move forward for me. The pace, balance and consistancy make this one stand out for me. Every second of every song no less !

They were a fave band from the off and I regret only seeing them twice. Cheers.
overmatik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... so if I have to make a choice, this will be definitely "Friends",
or in the original title "Friends or Friends?" Is the album that showed
The bolshoi for the world, the first one I got it here in Brazil. Wink
Cash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Best album Reply with quote

Friends, without a doubt. I can still remember the excitement I felt when it came out. I'd seen them live about six or seven times by then so was familiar with the songs and couldn't wait to hear it. Having said that, 'Crack in smile' is my favourite track...
Trevor's Sweetie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Fave Album Reply with quote

Friends is by far my fave album although I Love them all
Lee Butchee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: The best explained - ok, it's only my thoughts. Reply with quote

The best is without a doubt (in my mind) Friends. It's just SO rounded. A beginning, a middle and an end (well, the original release was, the new one has A Funny Thing tacked onto the end and over extends the ending) but it's still the quality piece from The Bolshoi IMHO. Enjoy y'all! Very Happy
I don't need to act my age 'Cause god is on my side
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    World of The Bolshoi Forum Index -> Talk About The Bolshoi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: